The importance of using soccer betting strategies
Betting on football is great fun but it can also be tricky to do right. After all, even the biggest teams like Manchester United and Real Madrid can slip up every now and then. Plus you might not get much from your bets by backing top clubs like Manchester City and Bayern Munich.
This is where soccer betting strategies come in. These strategies will work to help you win more of your football bets, and give you more from each of the bets that you win. After all, the best soccer betting strategies will always aim to help you get more clinical with your bets on the sport. It’s not enough to just bet on your favourite team, and a profitable soccer betting strategy will encourage you to focus on the facts and figures instead.
It’s important to note that soccer betting strategies won’t just help you win more bets. They will also work to minimise the losses you experience. Even the likes of Barcelona and Liverpool lose sooner or later, and a strategy will work to anticipate these losses. So be sure to use a profitable soccer betting strategy for the next time that you want to bet on the sport.
Top 5 bonus with Great soccer betting strategies
There’s truly no excuse for not using a good strategy for when you bet on football. You could have been betting on football for decades, and the chances are that you’d still benefit from using a profitable soccer betting strategy.
It’s also worth noting that strategies are also good for those who are still pretty new to betting on the sport. You could be taking your first steps in betting on a massive tournament like the World Cup and still get a helping hand with a strategy. After all, it can be fairly easy to make some simple mistakes when you bet on a sport like football.
Plus there are soccer betting strategies for every eventuality. You could be betting on anything from the Champions League final to a League Two clash between Oldham Athletic and Mansfield Town and you’d have just as much need for a good strategy. Don’t forget that strategies can also work wonders with outright bets such as who will win the next Euros or Premier League. All of which shows that you’ll need to use a strategy to get more from your football bets.
Key components of a profitable soccer betting strategy
1. Soccer betting strategies basics
What does it mean to bet on football? Betting on football usually means making a prediction about which team is going to win a football match. You’d back this bet up with money, and if you win your bet, you’d get your stake back and extra from the bookmaker. If you lose your bet, then you’d lose your betting stake.
- Football odds explained: Odds merely reflect the likelihood of something happening. This could be a Tottenham beating Arsenal in a match, or Kylian Mbappe scoring a hat-trick. Odds will normally be displayed in a decimal or fractional format at most bookmakers’ sites.
- Prematch versus live betting: Until recently, you could only bet on football before the game began. But now you can enjoy live betting which means that you can put down your bets after the match has kicked off. The live betting odds will change in real-time in accordance to the sporting action.
- Different kinds of football bets: Most people will bet on whether the home team wins, away team wins or whether there will be a draw. However, most big games will give you hundreds of different ways to bet. This means that you can bet on anything from the correct score to the winning margin, to whether a particular player gets a red or yellow card. Other bets allow you to bet on the next manager to get sacked, which team a striker will sign for, and which team wins a particular tournament.
- Setting a budget: All decent soccer betting strategies would suggest that you start by setting yourself a budget. This means that you will only bet with money that you don’t mind losing. As such, you’ll be free to enjoy betting on football without getting overly stressed out should the results go the wrong way.
- Making your deposits: You will normally be able to make deposits via a range of payment methods at most bookmaker sites. Most people will tend to use a card like Visa or MasterCard, but other payment options may offer you more convenience and greater speed – essential for when you need to put down a bet in a hurry.
- Requesting payouts: How you make withdrawals of your winnings is hugely important. After all, most bookmakers will allow you to make withdrawals for free, while a handful of bookies will charge you money for each payout that you request. So be sure to only use betting sites who offer free and fast withdrawals for the best way to keep whatever you win from your football bets.
- Picking up bonuses: It’s worth noting that bonuses represent some of the best ways to get more from your football bets. Most bookies will give you a welcome bonus for signing up to their sites. These often match your first qualifying deposit or bet with extra betting funds. But keep your eye out for those bookmakers who give you bonuses that refund any losses you make with your football bets. Some bookies even give you enhanced odds for some of the biggest football matches.
- Betting on corners: This is a great option for when a team has a real attacking force but routinely fails to get that goal. You should be able to find lots of statistics about how many corners a team usually gets on the internet and then adjust your corner bets accordingly.
- Over/under betting: All decent bookies will let you put down over/under football bets. You could bet whether there will be more or less goals than a number set by a bookmaker. This is a great way to find greater value than just betting on the overall match winner.
- Handicap betting: This is a good way of levelling the playing field when there are two unequally weighted teams such as France taking on North Macedonia in the Euros. The favourites would be given a goal disadvantage which means that they would have to score by more goals for you to win your bets. This would then mean that you’d get longer odds and therefore a better return. Conversely, the underdog would be put at a goal advantage which means that they wouldn’t even have to win the match for you to win the bet.
- Acca betting: This is where you have to bet on the winners of two or more football matches. All of the selections in an acca bet have to win for you to win your bet. It’s a tricky kind of bet to get right, but the way that the odds multiply together means that the potential winnings can be spectacular. As such, it’s best to bet on favourites when you try an acca bet.
- Betting on players: You should be able to find plenty of value in betting on players. For example, you could bet on Harry Kane to score the first goal in an England international, or even if Sergio Ramos gets sent off for Spain. All of which can help you win your bets even if your chosen team doesn’t go on to win the match itself.
4. Useful betting knowledge
- Legal football betting: It’s perfectly legal to bet on football in the UK, Australia and many other countries. Things get a little more complicated when it comes to betting in the US as individual states have the power to set their own online gambling laws. Just remember to make sure that any betting site you use is fully licensed and regulated in your own country or state.
- Know your football betting limits: Most bookmakers will give you the power to set your own limits on things like deposits, losses, bets and even the amount of time you spend on the betting site. Be sure to use these responsible gambling tools as they’ll help you avoid getting carried away with your football bets.
- Maximum winnings: Remember that most bookies will apply limits on how much you can win with your football bets. The amount can vary between millions and thousands depending on the betting site and the football match. So be sure to check this out before you put your money down.
- Finding the best football bookies: Picking the best football bookmaker is a hugely important part of any decent football betting strategy. After all, it’s the choice of the bookie who determines what odds you’re betting on, how many betting markets you get to use, and whatever bonuses you get to play with. Stick with one of our recommended bookies for the best way to bet on football.
Soccer betting strategies
Should I always bet on the bookie’s favourite?
Not at all. Just because the bookmaker has given a certain team much shorter odds doesn’t necessarily mean that they are going to win. Football has witnessed many spectacular giant killing acts over the past few years. Cup tournaments like the World Cup and the FA Cup are notorious for producing these surprises. So be aware of the likeliest outcome of the match, but don’t assume that the favourite always wins.
Should I bet on my favourite team?
There’s two schools of thought on this question. One would be that betting on your favourite team is a bad idea because you would be likely to be biased. It’s common to think that your favourite team is better than they actually are and put down a foolish bet as a result. However, some people insist that betting on your favourite team is a good idea as you’ll have the expertise to know whenever the bookie’s odds are over or undervalued.
Is it better to bet prematch or live?
Some people prefer to bet prematch as it means that you can get your bets down early and actually enjoy the game. However, many people think that live betting can be better as you get more flexibility to respond to the constantly changing odds. Plus the ability to cash out your bets early gives live betting another advantage.
What is a 1×2 football bet?
This refers to the ‘home win’, ‘draw’ and ‘away win’ betting markets put on by a bookmaker. You’d simply bet on which team wins or whether there would be a draw. By far the most popular way to bet on football. In the event of a match played on a neutral location like in the World Cup, there would be a general agreement over who would be classed as the home and away teams.
What does ‘draw no bet’ mean?
This is like the above 1×2 betting market, but it simply takes the draw out of the equation. As a result, you’d be betting on either the home team or away team to win. If the match ended in a draw, then you would get your betting stake refunded.
Operators With the best soccer betting strategies
Conclusion – Get ready to use a profitable soccer betting strategy
We’ve shown you that betting on football doesn’t have to rely on blind luck. Instead you can use the best soccer betting strategies and get much more methodical in how you bet on the beautiful game. From carefully analysing past form to knowing which bets could hold the greatest value, there’s plenty to learn.
Best Soccer Betting Strategy FAQ
⚽Is there a zero risk betting strategy for football?
Most kinds of betting will involve some kind of risk otherwise it can’t be considered to be gambling. However, some people have attempted to create a strategy that eliminates risk for betting on a wide variety of sports. So take a look at our guide to soccer betting strategies to see whether any of these are the best sports betting strategies for containing zero risk.
❓Which mathematical betting strategies work for football?
If you look at most betting strategies like the one in our pick 3 strategy guide, you will usually see a certain level of mathematics at work. It is the use of mathematics that aims to guide you beyond betting on mere intuition and instead make accurate predictions for what kind of returns you’d get from your bets. Check out our overview of the best soccer betting strategies to see which of these use mathematics to great effect.
✅Is there a proven football betting system?
Many football fans will have spent plenty of time in coming up with different systems that aim to improve their results for betting on the sport. Some of these will be a basic prematch betting system and others will be an in play betting system. Be sure to read our guide that explores all of these different systems to see which of these could be a truly profitable soccer betting strategy.
⭐What are the easiest football bets to win?
Football betting is as difficult as you make it. There are some very difficult live football bets to try that are as tricky to win as some kinds of tennis in play betting. However there are plenty of football bets that even complete newbies could find some success with. Check out our guide to soccer betting strategies to see which of these is easiest to understand and simplest to put into action.
💪What is a good multi bet strategy for football?
A multi bet might be difficult to win, but the results of this bet can sometimes be spectacular. The success of your multi bets depends on your choice of selections and there’s no reason why the over under in betting shouldn’t work with this kind of bet. Take a look at the best soccer betting strategies to see some helpful advice on how you can make this bet work for you.