Why it pays to use the best betting strategy for horse racing
You aren’t going to get too far with your horse racing bets unless you use a strategy. In fact, you are probably already using horse betting strategies without realising it. But, our strategies will hopefully go a little more in-depth than betting on a racehorse because you like its name.
Instead we’ll come up with the best betting strategy for horse racing that’s the perfect blend of qualitative and quantitative data. This means knowing when to pay attention to key facts regarding how each runner has previously been performing, as well as understanding how variables like the going can have a massive impact on the success of your bets.
But, each of our horse betting strategies understands that what goes on the racetrack is only half the picture. You’ll also have to monitor your own activities to set your budgets, use bonuses and take advantage of everything that the bookmaker has to offer. All of which shows that there’s much more to betting on horse racing than relying on gut instinct.
Horse betting strategies for everyone
You’ll know that horse racing is a sport that attracts more than its fair share of experts. But we wanted to make sure that our horse betting strategies were suitable for all levels of fans. You could be just setting out with your first racing bet on the Grand National, and we’ll point you to a strategy that can help you avoid making some of those embarrassing newbie errors.
It’s also worth noting that we have some great strategies that even experienced punters can take something from. After all, the best betting strategy for horse racing will always be adapting to take account of the changes in the betting industry. This is why our strategies will get you up to speed with all of the great ways that you can use online betting sites in your favour.
Above all, our horse betting strategies will be by your side whatever horse race you’re betting on. Whether you’re betting on the Cheltenham Gold Cup, Royal Ascot, the Melbourne Cup or even the Kentucky Derby, you can rely on us to give you all of the assistance you need.
Top 5 bonus with Great Horse Betting Strategy
With a good horse racing strategy betting is made easy
1. The basics of betting on horse racing
Before we get too deep with our horse racing betting strategies, it’s worth getting the fundamentals of betting on horse racing sorted.
- What it means to bet on horses: Betting on horse racing normally means just predicting which horse will finish first in a horse race. You’ll bet real money and the amount that you could win will be determined by the betting odds. The longer the odds, the less likely the horse is to win, but the more impressive your wins will be.
- Betting odds explained: Odds express the likelihood of something happening such as whether a horse wins a race. You might see odds expressed in a decimal or fractional format. Of these, decimals are easier to understand for beginners. The higher the number, the less likely the horse is to win that race, but the more you’ll receive should you win your bet.
- Different kinds of horse racing bet: Most people simply put down a single bet on the race winner, but lots of people try each-way bets which allows your runner to get a ‘place’ finish to act as a bit of insurance. A place finish means finishing second, third or fourth depending on how many runners there are. There are lots of other so-called ‘exotic’ bets like quinellas and trifectas which get more specific about the finishing order of a number of runners.
- How to bet on the horses: It’s easy to bet on a horse race. Just sign up to a betting site, make a deposit and then pick which race you want to bet on. You just have to click on the odds of your chosen horse to have them added to your bet slip. From here you can just enter in your betting stake and submit your bet.
2. Why the best betting strategy for horse racing factors in your money
You won’t have much success with your racing bets unless you manage your money effectively. Here are some simple tips to follow:
- Setting a horse racing betting budget: All serious horse racing betting fans will set themselves a budget to begin with. By sticking to this budget, they won’t run the risk of chasing after their losses which is a tactic that’s doomed to failure. But by having a sensible budget, you can enjoy betting on the races safe in the knowledge that any losses sustained aren’t going to hurt you.
- Making deposits for your racing bets: Each bookmaker will give you a variety of payment methods for making your deposits. These should include debit cards, ewallets, prepaid cards, bank transfers and so on. The good news is that most deposits should be instant and without any annoying fees.
- Withdrawing your winnings: Chances are that you’ll have to make a withdrawal back to the same payment method used to make your deposit. This keeps things simple, but it’s wise to see how different withdrawal methods have different limits and processing times. We’d recommend steering clear of any betting site that charges fees for letting you withdraw your winnings.
- Horse racing bonuses: It’s pretty easy to get a bonus for your horse racing bets. Most standard bonuses can be used for horse racing. These will often give you extra betting funds in direct correspondence to a qualifying deposit or bet. However, you might also find a deal that refunds your losing bet. Be sure to hunt down those deals that give you best odds guaranteed or give you extra places.
3. Popular horse racing betting strategies
Here are some simple strategies to try the next time that you want to bet on horse racing:
- Ante post betting: This is where you will put down your horse racing bet long in advance of a horse race. It’s a strategy that requires a lot of expertise as you’ll need to know which runners look good and what their chances are of actually being included in that race. But if you keep your stakes low, an ante post bet can pay off significantly.
- Each way betting: You might not win as much with an each-way bet, but these kinds of bets are a great way of not burning through your betting budget too fast. By betting on a horse to get a place finish, you’ll stand a much better chance of getting a return from your bet which is surely better than nothing.
- Understand the race variables: There’s truly no excuse for not doing your homework. As such, you’ll be well served by examining how each racehorse has performed over the past few races. It’s also wise to see how they have performed at the racetrack in particular, and you should know the past record of the trainer, owner and so on. All of which should give you a good idea of what’s most likely to happen when raceday comes around.
- Trying accumulator bets: This is a risky way to bet, but by trying to predict the winner of multiple races you can sometimes get spectacular results. Accumulator betting works best if you keep the overall number of selections as low as possible and try to only include your bets on the favourites. Remember that you don’t have to have that big a betting stake to get a handsome return from this kind of bet.
4. Useful horse racing betting knowledge
Here are some important things to consider before you get carried away with your horse racing bets:
- Horse racing betting legalities: The good news is that it’s perfectly legal to bet on horse racing in a number of countries like the UK, Australia and so on. Things get a little more complicated in the US, but a number of states like New Jersey now facilitate legal horse racing betting.
- Lack of live horse racing betting: Horse racing is one of the few sports that has yet to implement live betting. While you can bet live on many sports like football and basketball, you simply won’t be able to put down an in-play bet on horse racing.
- Understanding racing betting limits: Remember that most betting sites will impose some kind of limit on how much you can win with your horse racing bets. These betting limits will often be higher for the more prestigious races like the Grand National, the Cheltenham Gold Cup and so on.
- Know the racing calendar: It’s a good idea to form a plan of how you’ll attack your horse racing bets rather than putting everything on just one race. All horse racing fans will know that there’s always a decent race somewhere in the world to bet on. If there aren’t any decent horse races in the UK taking place, be sure to look around to find bets for top races in other countries like Ireland, France, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the US.
Operators With Great Horse Betting Strategy
FAQ for the best betting strategy for horse racing
Can you make a living off horse racing betting?
Only if you have a lot of skill and even more luck. While there are some people who make a respectable income from horse racing betting, these are the exception rather than the rule. Best to keep your horse racing betting purely as a form of entertainment rather than a way of making cash.
What is the best horse race to bet on?
It’s all down to personal preference. Some people save their bets for those glamorous races like the Melbourne Cup as these races get the bookies most excited. But some other people will find that a bet on a wet Tuesday afternoon race at Thirsk can be just as interesting.
Should you always bet on the favourite?
Not at all. In fact, the favourite in horse racing is less likely to win than the favourite of most other sports due to the number of runners in a horse race. In fact, on average, only around 35% of all favourites go on to win a horse race.
When is the best time to put a racing bet down?
It depends on a large number of variables. Many people will put down a bet long in advance of the actual horse race. This can give you some spectacular odds, but there’s always the risk that your chosen horse ends up being a non-runner.
How do best odds guaranteed deals work?
This usually means that if you put down a racing bet, and the odds change in the run-up to the race, the bookmaker will give you the better price. It rarely means that the bookie will match the odds put on at another betting site.
Conclusion – Hit the ground running with the best betting strategy for horse racing
Horse racing betting is so much easier when you use a good strategy. It simply takes away all of the mystery and confusion and instead leaves you with a solid framework by which you can put your racing bets down.
From taking advantage of all of the different bet types to successfully analysing all of the different race variables, you’ll know to spot all of the factors that should influence your choice of runner. Plus you’ll have the power to limit just how devastating that inevitable losing result will be.
Just remember that there’s no such thing as a single best betting strategy for horse racing, as you’ll always have to adapt each strategy to take account of the many different variables in each race. So stick with us to have direct access to the best horse betting strategies in the business.
Best Horse Betting Strategy FAQ
❓What is a simple horse racing system that works?
If you look at anything from the best soccer betting strategies to horse racing systems, then you’ll see that they require a fair amount of mathematical understanding. However, lots of sports fans simply won’t have time to get out the calculator to make their predictions with. So be sure to check out the best betting strategy for horse racing that offers you a simple way to land a successful bet.
⭐Where can I find a mathematical horse racing system?
There are lots of different horse racing betting strategies out there. Some of these strategies take in factors like weather conditions and the fitness of the runners. But some people find that the sports betting strategies that work usually factor in a fair amount of mathematics. Read our guide to horse racing strategies to see how mathematics gives you a great way to put down a more assured bet.
🏇What is the most predictive factor in horse racing?
Any successful betting strategy will know how much weight to give to the many different variables. For example, successful tennis in play betting requires you to recognise the court conditions as well as the player form and fitness. The same applies to the best betting strategy for horse racing, so read our guide to see which predictive factors you should be paying attention to.
💰What is the most profitable horse racing system?
Everyone will have their own ideas about which horse racing system can generate the greatest amount of profits. The only exception would be trying to apply an in play betting system to horse racing which clearly wouldn’t work. So check out our shortlist of horse betting strategies to see which of these works out to be the most profitable.
👀Where can I find free horse racing systems?
It’s just as simple to find horse racing systems as basketball betting strategies on the internet. However, it’s important to note that much of this betting advice will come at a cost. This is hardly fair as there is little way that these systems can guarantee you a winning result. But we’ve worked hard to discover the best betting strategy for horse racing that’s easy to use and free to access.