Why it’s so important to use cricket betting strategies
A strategy is something that gives you a framework to base your behaviour on in order to achieve a certain goal. A cricket betting strategy therefore gives you guidance about how you can win more of your bets on the sport and pick up better returns from your winning cricket bets.
You might think that you can get by perfectly fine without having to use a cricket betting strategy. After all, it can be pretty easy to predict things like Australia beating Bangladesh in a Test match. But for those close encounters in the IPL, things can get much harder to predict.
Plus most cricket fans will be guilty of letting their emotions guide their bets every now and then. This usually happens in those fierce rivalries like The Ashes or Yorkshire versus Derbyshire. But a good cricket betting strategy will always work to take the emotion out of your bets so that you’re always betting with pure logic and the best use of statistics.
Why everyone will want to see the best cricket betting strategy
We’ve made sure that our resource of cricket betting strategies is open and available to all kinds of fans. You could be relatively new to the sport and are just looking for advice on betting on the Cricket World Cup, or you could be an old hand who’s just looking to brush up on your cricket betting tactics. Whatever your reasons, we’re sure that you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
Our cricket betting tips will take account of all of the different formats of the game. Like most people, we believe that five-day cricket is the purest form of the sport. So we’ll make sure that our strategies offer you the perfect guidance for everything from that massive Test match to a crunch game in the English County Championship.
However, there’s no denying the sheer popularity of limited overs cricket. After all, many people will now bet on the Indian Premier League, one day internationals, the Big Bash League in Australia and much more. All of which meant that we had to adapt some of our strategies to take account for the vastly different game of limited overs cricket. So whoever you are and whatever game you’re betting on, we’ll make sure that you are equipped with an unbeatable cricket strategy.
Top 5 bonus with Great Cricket Betting Strategy
The ultimate guide to cricket betting strategies
1. Getting started with cricket betting strategies
You won’t be able to use the best cricket betting strategy unless you get the basics right. Here are the key things to know:
- What is cricket betting?: When most people bet on cricket, they are usually making a prediction about which team wins a cricket match. This usually involves backing the prediction with a real money betting stake. By making the right prediction, they could win money. But if they make the wrong prediction, they’ll lose their money.
- How do cricket odds work?: Cricket odds simply reflect the probability of something happening. The longer the odds, the less likely this eventuality is to happen, but you’d stand to win more should you lose your bet.
- What is prematch vs live betting?: Prematch betting refers to betting on a game of cricket before it begins. Live betting means that you put the bet down after the first ball of the game has been bowled.
- What kinds of cricket bets are there?: You can bet on hundreds of different things in a cricket match. Most people bet on the match winner, but you could bet on anything from which batter will score highest to whether a bowler gets a five-wicket haul in the innings.
2. Why the best cricket betting strategy factors in your money
Coming up with cricket predictions is great fun, but it gets a lot more interesting when you bet with real money. Here are a few things to consider before you put down your real money cricket bets.
- Setting a cricket betting budget: It’s essential to set yourself a budget when you bet on cricket. This will stop you spending beyond your means which is the worst thing for putting down some risky and emotive bets.
- Funding your cricket bets: It’s important to know how you’ll be making the deposits necessary for real money cricket bets. After all, you don’t want to have to wait too long for your deposit to show up.
- Withdrawing your cricket betting wins: You’ll always need to consider the best ways to withdraw whatever wins you make with your cricket bets. After all, some bookies will charge you money for making withdrawals.
- Picking up cricket betting bonuses: Don’t forget that there are lots of different bonuses available that can give you extra to bet on cricket with, or even refund your cricket betting losses.
3. Understanding the best cricket betting strategies
OK so there might not be a single best cricket betting strategy, but all of the following five cricket betting strategies are excellent:
- Put down a handicap bet: This is either where the favourite is put at a runs disadvantage, or the underdog is put at a runs advantage. As such, the favourite would have to win by more runs for you to win your bet. This would mean that the odds would be longer, but your wins would be more impressive.
- Try live betting: This is a great way to get extra value from your cricket bets. Waiting just a few minutes into a cricket match can often give you better odds for betting on the favourite. Just remember that timing is everything with this kind of bet.
- Use over/under betting markets: This is another popular method for finding value away from the standard match winner bets. For example, you could bet on anything from England to score over 300 runs in a Test match to whether Jofra Archer will bag more than five wickets.
- Factor in the weather conditions: Few sports are at the mercy of the elements as much as cricket. So check the weather to see how rain could affect the speed of the outfield, or if humidity can give that seam bowler the edge.
- Note the team’s morale: All cricket teams will have their upturns and downturns in fortunes. As such, you’ll need to do your research to make sure that you understand how each team and player have been performing over the past few games. After all, if that team has lost their last five Test matches, they’re going to be less likely to win the next game.
4. Key knowledge for using the best cricket betting strategy
Successful cricket betting is about so much more than just betting on the sporting event. You’ll also have to be aware of the surrounding context outside of the sport itself. Here are some key things to think about before you bet on cricket.
- Cricket betting legalities: Cricket betting is perfectly legal in countries like the UK, but things can get more complicated in places in India. Plus Australia doesn’t even allow live betting. So make sure that you know where you stand with the law before you bet on cricket.
- The limits of cricket betting: Most bookmakers give you a chance to use responsible gambling tools that can be a great way to keep your cricket bets in check. Be sure to use these tools to put limits on your deposits, losses or even the time you spend at the cricket betting site.
- Betting on your mobile: Many people find that cricket betting is so much easier when you do it from a smartphone or a tablet. After all, you don’t want to have to sit at your computer for a full five-day Test match. So be sure to pick those bookmakers who’ve developed their own betting apps.
- Picking a cricket betting site: We should note that it’s essential to shop around to find the cricket betting site that works for you. Your choice of bookmaker affects everything from the kinds of cricket odds you get to how fast you get paid whatever wins you make. So be sure to use one of our recommended bookmakers for the ultimate way to enjoy your cricket bets.
Operators With Great cricket betting strategies
Cricket betting strategies FAQ
Is there a guaranteed winning cricket bet?
Unfortunately not, as it wouldn’t be true betting if you knew that you were going to get a guaranteed win. However, there are lots of cricket bets that are very difficult to lose. Lots of people will try a 1.01 betting strategy for cricket. This basically means waiting until the live cricket betting odds are down to 1.01 which means that there’s very little chance of you losing your bet. Obviously, you wouldn’t win too much with this technique, but it can be a useful way to bring in some consistent profits over the long term.
Is it better to bet on cricket prematch or live?
It’s often a matter of personal preference. Some people prefer prematch betting as it means that they can simply put down their bets before the cricket match begins, and then sit back and enjoy the sporting entertainment. However, more and more people are starting to realise that live betting gives them much more flexibility to find better value and change their strategies in accordance to the action. Plus cashing out a cricket bet early is a good way to avoid that unexpected batting collapse.
Should I bet on the draw in cricket?
Betting on a draw might not sound like the most entertaining idea. After all, most of us will bet on cricket as it’s great fun to win a bet when you’re backing the winner. However, more people have realised that betting on the draw can be a smart move. This is because there is a theory that many bookmakers tend to undervalue the draw in favour of the win or lose betting markets. Plus it’s fair to say that cricket matches in the UK are notorious for being hit with horrendous weather conditions and so that bet on the draw could end up being a shrewd choice.
What’s the best way to bet live on cricket?
The stop-start nature of cricket makes it perfect for live betting. However, it’s best to be careful with this kind of betting. After all, you will need plenty of skill to take advantage of the ever changing odds. Plus it’s worth noting that many bookies will close their live betting markets before the end of the match. So set a limit on your bets, do your research and keep your eye on whenever those live odds are looking under valued.
Should I bet on the coin toss?
Most bookies will let you bet on the toss of the coin. After all, this is a hugely important moment in any cricket match. Sure you will get a 50/50 chance of winning, but even that is easier than some cricket bets that we’ve seen.
Conclusion – Get started with the best cricket betting strategy
Cricket betting is inherently risky. But we think the best cricket betting strategy will always be able to minimise the risk that you’re faced with when you bet on this classic sport. This is because these strategies are devised by experts who have the experience necessary to pick up consistently good results with their cricket betting.
Above all, a good strategy will always help you get more methodical with your bets and stop you letting emotion or intuition guide how you bet on cricket. Remember that we’ll be updating our resource with all of the latest advice from our cricket experts. So be sure to bookmark this page to ensure that you’re always using the best cricket betting strategy.
Best Cricket Betting Strategy FAQ
🏏What is over and under in cricket betting?
Over and under bets are hugely popular as they grant you much more flexibility than just betting on the winner of a cricket match. It’s a kind of bet that can apply to anything from a cricket Test match to the basketball betting strategies. So take a look at our guide to the current range of cricket betting strategies to see how an over/under bet could work wonders for this sport.
👀Where can I get tips on how to bet on cricket and win?
You can find tips for betting on cricket on the internet just as easily as you can find golf betting strategies. But the trick is to find those cricket betting tips that can give you the understanding you need to get consistent wins with your bets on this classic sport. Take a look at our guide that examines the best cricket betting strategy so that you can avoid newbie errors when betting on anything from the IPL to a T20 international.
🏅What is the best IPL cricket betting strategy?
The Indian Premier League is one of the world’s most popular sporting events. But it is also one of the hardest cricket tournaments to bet on. So take a look at our guide to cricket betting strategies to see which of these works best for betting on the IPL. Remember that we only feature sports betting strategies that work so that you can bet on the IPL with plenty of confidence.
💪What are the best tricks for cricket betting?
There are many excellent tricks that you can use to get more consistent wins with your cricket bets. Like the best football betting strategy, it depends on which part of the game you are focusing on. So take a look at our guide to using the best cricket betting strategy to see which tricks work best for betting on the batter, the bowler or even the result of the cricket match itself.
❓What is the best cricket betting theory?
Lots of people have come up with some fairly weird and wonderful theories about betting on sport. This has meant that there is always plenty of debate about anything from betting on cricket to the best betting strategy for horse racing. This is why we’ve prepared a handy guide to the most popular cricket betting strategies so that you can see which works best for your bets on this sport.