Paddy Power Review & Rating 2021
Is Paddy Power legit?
Paddy Power is one of the very biggest online bookmakers available at the moment. They are constantly growing as a company and can offer customers a huge range of markets to choose from. Their website is packed with sports and games to select from and has everything you could wish to find online.
Founded in 1988, Paddy Power is an Irish bookmakers based in Dublin, and has a chain of betting shops in the UK and Ireland. In February 2016 it merged with Betfair to form Paddy Power Betfair.
Paddy Power Pros & Cons
- Money Back Special promotion gives your bets some added security
- Wide array of multiple bet types
- Customer support 24 hours a day
- Live Casino
- Bonus bets for first goalscorer in the Hotshot Jackpot
- Website can take a while to load on slower devices
- Odds could be better
The Paddy Power online betting account welcome offer gets you £30 in bonus bets when you place a £10 bet on any sports market. This offer can be used on any sport across a wide range of markets, with the bonus bets valid for 30 days.
There are, as ever, a few important things to note when making the most of this offer. Your initial £10 bet must have odds of at least 1.5 (1/2) and only payments made by using your bank card or PayPal will be valid. Your bonus bets will apply when your initial £10 has settled. These are all standard for any bookmaker offer, although there is a 15x wagering requirement, higher than some competing sites, and means the player will have to wait longer to withdraw free bet winnings.
This is a relatively attractive promotional offer – it is not in any way complicated as it simply offers you a set amount of bonus bets once you have placed an initial bet, within the above guidelines. In comparison to many of their competitors, this is a straightforward and attractive offer with only the initial amount of £10 being slightly larger than usual.
The sign up process for a Paddy Power online betting account is quick and easy process, with each step clearly laid out on the website. You are only required to enter your personal details on the Paddy Power website before going through some subsequent security checks before going ahead and venturing through the site.
- Once you have clicked on the ‘join now’ button and received your Paddy Power login you will be directed to a page in which you can are prompted to enter a series of basic personal questions. There are two sections to complete: ‘Your Details’ and ‘Your Paddy Power Account’
- Your Details: Select your gender, input your first and last name, state your date of birth and complete your full address, city, country of residence and post code. Finally, fill in your mobile phone area code and full number.
- Your Paddy Power Account: Enter your email address, complete and confirm your password for your account, select a security question (there are four options, with the first option asking your father’s first name) and answer, then select your preferred currency for the site – GBP is automatic in the UK – and a promotional code if you have one.
24/7 customer support is available through live chat, email and phone, and there are many ways to deposit funds into your Paddy Power account such as through your cards, PayPal, eWallets or other money transfer methods. Paddy Power also have their Plus Card option which gives you the ability to deposit and withdraw funds from your online account in any of their betting shops on the high street.
Paddy Power gives their customers some decent promotions and money back specials in the form of Paddy Power bonus bets, which along with a wide range of markets and in-play options makes them one of the leading online bookmakers. A poor winning percentage on their live games and live casino is something that customers have complained about in the past, but for a site that offers a bet on nearly anything Paddy Power have most customers covered.
PaddyPower Sports Betting
Paddy Power has been known to offer customers odds on some controversial markets to garner publicity, while having probably the widest range of novelty bets available. Other markets include football and horse racing, in-play and goalscorer markets, while the bookie pays an extra place in selected horse races. The Hotshot Jackpot game is a promotion that existing customers can enter for free, which gives you the chance to win up to £325,000 by selecting the first goalscorer in six football matches.
Paddy Power also has a wide range of virtual sports for customers to bet on like horse racing, greyhound racing, football, tennis and motor racing, as well as bingo and lottery. The bookmaker’s NFL 14 Up promotion offers customers the chance to have their bet paid out if the American football team they bet on takes the lead in a game by 14 points or more. A VIPP Loyalty Card is available too for customers that place five bets of at least £10 or more. Paddy Power has plenty to offer new customers, and here in our Paddy Power review we take a look at some more of their best features including the Paddy Power sign up offer.
- In-Play, Football Betting, Premier League, the Championship, Horse Racing, Next Five Races, Greyhounds and Virtual markets.
Other sports and markets include:
- American Football, Athletics, Aussie Rules, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Bowls, Boxing, Cricket, Cross Fit Games, Cycling, Darts, Equestrian, Fishing, Football, Futsal, GAA sports, Golf, Handball, Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lotteries, MMA, Motor Racing, Netball, Novelty Bets, Politics, Pool, Rowing, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Sailing, Show Jumping, Snooker, Squash, Surfing, Swimming, Table Tennis, Ten Pin Bowling, Triathlon, Weightlifting, Winter Sports and eSports.
If you are looking for a bookmaker with good to decent in-play markets and cash out options, with a lot of promotions and a lot of bonus bets in money back specials, then Paddy Power could be for you. If you prefer to get the very best odds on horse racing and football markets, then another bookmaker might be your first choice.