Why are cricket odds comparisons important?
If you’re inexperienced with cricket betting odds, you could be forgiven for assuming that cricket odds comparisons aren’t important. After all, most betting sites offer pretty much the same markets and odds, don’t they?
The truth is that there are big variations in cricket betting odds. Depending on which site you visit, you’ll find a huge range of different markets and different cricket betting odds. Finding the right markets and the highest odds can have a huge impact on your profit line. A team that is 2-1 to win on one site might be 3-1 at another site. Placing your bet at the site with the better cricket betting odds will give you a much better payout.
That’s why a cricket odds comparison tool should be a key part of your online betting luggage. It will enable you to compare odds across multiple sites, spot the best value, and find out where
Online vs. Offline: Where are the best cricket odds?
There are two options for where to place your cricket bets. You could visit a betting shop and place your bets physically, or you could do it all from your laptop or mobile device.
If you weigh up all the pros and cons it’s clear that the ideal location for finding the best cricket odds is on the internet. Online betting comes with a few advantages that you just don’t get from visiting the betting shop:
- Promotions – Betting shops might occasionally have promotional offers for big cricket events, but you will find far more offers online. Odds boosts, risk free bets, free bet refunds et al, are all far more commonplace on betting websites than they are in betting shops.
- Range of Markets – Betting shops will always have the best horse racing odds and daily soccer betting odds, but rarely display a wide range of cricket betting odds. In contrast, betting sites display every available cricket market.
- Convenience – Betting online means you can check out the cricket odds today regardless of your location. What’s more, you aren’t constrained by opening and closing times, you place a bet 24 hours a day seven days a week. This puts you in prime position to make cricket odds comparisons and take advantage of the best cricket odds.
A brief history of cricket betting odds
Cricket has always been popular with gamblers. The ebb and flow of matches, plus the multiple mini events that take place in games means that there are plenty of markets to bet on.
The advent of online gambling has only served to increase the amount of cricket betting odds and markets available to customers. Nowadays, you can even bet in-play on the outcome of individual balls.
Perhaps the most famous betting incident in cricket history was during the Third Test of the 1981 Ashes series. Facing a huge first innings deficit, England were still in arrears when they lost their seventh wicket following on. Bookmakers had England as long as 500-1. However, an inspired display of hitting from Ian Botham, followed by a stunning spell of bowling by Bob Willis saw England win by 18 runs.
Unfortunately, betting on cricket does have a slightly chequered history. The ‘ball by ball’ nature of the sport has left it open to spot fixing – a method of dishonestly causing the outcome of an event in order to benefit gamblers.
The most famous spot fixing scandal was in 2010 and involved three members of the Pakistani national side deliberately influencing the outcome of events. Specifically, they bowled deliberate no balls to help gamblers win bets. Regulators spotted unusual betting patterns and several prosecutions were made.
Fortunately, this is an extremely rare occurrence and for the vast majority of gamblers, cricket is a fun and enjoyable sport to bet on.
Operators With Great Cricket Betting Sites
How are cricket betting odds displayed?
Cricket betting odds are typically displayed in one of three ways:
- Decimal odds display the amount you would win for every $1 staked.
- Fractional odds show the ratio of winnings to stake.
- American Odds show the favourite’s odds next to a minus sign. This is the amount you need to stake to win $100. All non favourites are accompanied by a + sign. This tells you the amount you’d win for every $100 staked.
On most betting sites, you can change the setting to display the odds in your preferred format.
How are cricket betting odds calculated?
Cricket betting odds reflect the likelihood of an event occurring. When putting together cricket betting odds, bookmakers take into account factors such as recent results, player form, historical records, injuries, and any factors relating to the pitch or overhead conditions. For example, a worn pitch may favour the side with better spin bowling options. Whereas a weather forecast predicting heavy cloud cover could favour the side with the better seam attack.
Player markets, such as top run scorer, will be affected by form and an individual player’s ability to play in specific conditions.
Because bookmakers want to make a profit, they not only take into account the likelihood of something happening, they also factor in their exposure at betting exchanges and their profit margin.
Best cricket odds strategies
There are a wide variety of ways to bet on cricket. Each strategy carries a varying degree of risk, time and effort. Here are three of the most popular betting strategies:
Rather than selecting cricket betting odds to predict an event happening, you use betting exchanges to bet against it occuring. If you think that Australia will not beat Sri Lanka in an upcoming T20 game, then you can ‘lay’ this at a betting exchange. This means that any result other than an Australian victory will give you a win at the exchange.
An advanced betting strategy that takes advantage of the promotions offered on cricket betting odds. Matched bettors use betting exchanges to lay their bets, minimise their losses and increase their value from promotions, free bets and bonuses.
This is a way of taking advantage of the small variations in odds between different betting sites. Let’s say India are playing New Zealand in a test match. One bookmaker has India at 1.53 to win, whilst another has the Kiwis at 3.10 to win the match. By betting at both sites and adjusting your stakes, you can guarantee yourself a return of around 103% on investment. It’s not a huge profit, but if you do it frequently you will see a steady profit over time.
Best cricket betting odds: The most popular markets
Some of the most popular cricket markets include:
- Match Winner – As the name suggests, this involves betting on who will win the game.
- Top run scorer– Bet on which player will accumulate the highest individual score. This can either be per team or for the entire match.
- Top wicket taker – Which bowler will take the most wickets for their team.
- Over/unders – Will a team score over/under a certain amount. These markets also extend to events such as opening partnerships and individual scores.
Best cricket odds: Mistakes to avoid
We’re all human, therefore we all make mistakes when betting. Luckily, there are a few simple measures you can take to help eliminate these mistakes and avoid missing out on winning bets. Here are some of the most common mistakes and how you can avoid them.
- Always using the same site – This is a common mistake as only using one betting site makes it very easy to place bets. The problem is that it means you’re missing out on the best cricket betting odds, because odds vary to different sites. This is why cricket odds comparison tools are so vital in helping you find the best betting odds.
- Betting without checking – Online betting means everything can be done in an instant. Whilst this is excellent if you want to place lots of bets, it is open to human error. Always ensure you check and double check every single bet and stake before you click the confirm button.
- Not sticking to a strategy – Developing a betting strategy can take time, but in the long run it will make a massive difference to your profits. Keeping track of your budget and the success of your historical bets will really help you formulate future bets.
- Betting too much – If you’re a big cricket fan, it can be tempting to look at as many matches as possible and bet on all of them. Unfortunately, over time, that strategy will increase your chances of walking away with heavy losses. Your best method is to concentrate on a few specific matches and do your research to find the best cricket odds.
- Chasing losses – Probably the most common mistake made when betting on cricket. If you’ve placed a bet on a game and lost, the temptation is to try and recoup your loss by looking for longer odds bets on other matches. The problem is that you’re likely to just lose again and give yourself an even bigger loss. Always bet with your head not your heart.
Top Operator Bonuses
How to find the best cricket odds today
Finding the best cricket betting odds requires a lot of research. Cricket odds comparison tools are fantastic for helping you maximise your profits, but you still have big decisions to make concerning which betting sites to sign up to and taking advantage of the best cricket betting odds.
The following section will help help to send you in the right direction by outlining how you can find the best sites for cricket odds today, as well as giving you some top tips on what to look for when studying cricket betting odds:
Cricket betting odds: Which sites should you join?
When it comes to finding the best cricket betting odds, you have hundreds of sites to choose from. Choosing which ones to use is a tough task. Whilst your main task is finding the best odds, there are a few other factors you need to consider:
Reviews and reputation
When you land a winning bet, you really don’t want to have any concerns about whether your profits will arrive safely in your account. Your most reliable option is to only bet with established, well-known bookmakers. If you do want to use newer, less well-known betting sites, then make sure you do your research and read online reviews.
Cricket betting markets
Some online cricket betting sites will just display markets for match winners and top run scorers/wicket takers. If you want to hunt for more niche markets, particularly in-play options, such as the next dismissal method, then you will have to stay at just a few sites. There’s also the issue of which matches have markets. Test matches and other internationals will have markets at almost every betting site. But if you want to bet on country cricket or overseas domestic action, then you will find your options limited.
Best cricket betting odds
The site with the best cricket betting odds will vary from market to market, but over time you will probably see patterns developing. There’s a strong chance that a few specific locations will consistently give you excellent odds. These are the ones you need to concentrate on.
Cricket betting odds: How to land winning bets
Once you’ve chosen your sites, you need to decide how to make your bets profitable. All sports require plenty of research. Whether you’re looking for golf betting odds or the best cricket betting odds, research is imperative.but cricket is a very statistics heavy game, so you’re going to need to put plenty of effort in to find winning cricket betting odds.
Rather than researching every possible aspect of a game, you should focus your time on researching a few specific areas.
Always look at news sites in the build up to a game. Get the lowdown on any injuries or distractions that may impact upon a team’s performance. If a bowler comes into a game with a niggling injury, it could mean they will bowl less overs – making them a poor bet to be leading wicket taker. The more research you do, the better picture you can build of how a game may turn out and who will perform well.
Recent matches often give excellent clues as to what will happen in the future. Teams on winning runs or players with excellent recent statistics are likely to be strong betting options.
Whilst recent form and statistics are very useful, also do a bit more digging as it can sometimes reveal some anomalies. Maybe a side’s recent good form is down to the quality of opposition they have faced.
Look at the predicted starting elevens. How do they match up in terms of batting and bowling strengths and weaknesses? For example, if one side has a batting line up full of players susceptible to spin and the opposition have one or two top class spinners, then it could create a mismatch.
Try to build a full picture of how the teams match up, it will help you choose the best cricket odds and increase your chances of a win.
Last but not least, the weather and the pitch are both hugely important to the outcome of a cricket match. Obviously, if heavy rain is predicted then a draw becomes a very attractive bet. Less obviously, overcast conditions could make a positive outcome more likely as it makes batting tricky.
The pitch also plays a huge part in the game. Flat wickets are more likely to produce high scoring matches and draw, whereas worn or green surfaces are more result friendly. Always read up on pitch and weather conditions before looking for the best cricket betting odds.
Finding the best cricket odds isn’t easy. It requires plenty of research, time and a robust strategy. Three of the most important factors to consider are:
- Conditions – These play a huge part in cricket. Perhaps more so than in any other sport. Always research weather and pitch conditions before betting.
- Finding the best online cricket sites – Look for sites you can trust, sites with a wide range of cricket markets and sites with the best cricket betting odds.
- Use a cricket odds comparison tool – This will really help you find the best cricket betting odds and ensure you maximise your profits. Cricket odds comparison tools are an essential part of your betting travel bag.
Cricket Betting Odds FAQ
🎖 Which sites have the best cricket betting odds?
This changes from game to game and market to market. Which is exactly why cricket odds comparisons are so important. Using a cricket odds comparison tool will save you time and help make you money. It’s also important to read reviews in order to ascertain which sites can be trusted. This principle applies to all betting, even if you’re hunting for something obscure like political betting odds.
🕰 When is the best time to place cricket bets?
There’s non concrete answer to this. You might find the best cricket betting odds a few days before a game, but you’ve got less information to hand on conditions and form. Always do as much research as possible before placing your bets and make sure you use a cricket odds comparison tool
🚔 Is cricket betting legal?
This can vary depending on where you are trying to bet from. Make sure you read reviews to find out the ins and outs of which sites you can use in which locations.