In the latest Liverpool news, boss Jurgen Klopp has revealed he is happy with his summer recruitment but has other targets in mind.
The Reds enjoyed an excellent 2017-18 campaign, reaching the Champions League final, while they ended up fourth in the Premier League to qualify for next season’s elite European competition.
However, far from resting on his laurels, Klopp has bene looking to add to his talented squad, with Naby Keita and Fabinho both on board and making their debuts in the famous Liverpool shirt in Saturday’s friendly with Chester City.
Keita signed from Bundesliga side RB Leipzig for a reported £52.75 million, while Fabinho’s arrival from Monaco is said to have set the Reds back £40million.
There is still plenty of time for the German tactician to bring in some more new faces but, when asked about what has happened so far, the former Borussia Dortmund coach seemed satisfied.
“Yes, I am happy,” he told the club’s official website: “And the work on new signings is always going on, that’s how it is. Why should we stop until the window is closing?”
Klopp refused to divulge who he might now be chasing before the window slams shut, while he was also staying tight-lipped on what areas of the pitch he might strengthen.
“We will see what happens and I will not – and don’t want to – say it looks a little bit better in that department or this,” he added.