In the latest Everton news, new boss Marco Silva says he is hopeful the board will sign the players he wants this summer.
Silva will take charge of his third different club in the Premier League in just under two years, following previous spells at Hull City and Watford.
He left Vicarage Road in January last season after only half a season in charge of the Hornets, following rumours that he would take up the Everton job vacated by Ronald Koeman, which had seen their form plummet in the middle of the season.
Everton turned to Sam Allardyce to stabilise the Toffees last season but parted company with him at the end of the campaign, paving the way for the Portuguese coach to take over.
It has so far been a quiet window for the Toffees, who have seen former England striker Wayne Rooney depart for a new start in the MLS with DC United.
No new additions have come in, with them reportedly exiting negotiations over Celtic left back Kieran Tierney, while talks are still ongoing for Barcelona defender Yerry Mina.
However, Silva still believes the board will back him until the window slams shut on August 9, just two days before the Toffees kick off their season away to newly promoted Wolves, with William Hill offering punters odds of 19/10 to make a winning start.
“We have to do it,” Silva told the Liverpool Echo.
“It is something we have to do.
“We have our targets and we have already decided the positions we want to improve in our squad.
“We believe in all of our players but, for sure, we will do that and we have decided our targets.
“Our board, our chairman, our sporting director, they are doing everything they can to give me the players I ask them for.”