Cricket sportsbooks: Who are they for?
Cricket fans come in all shapes and sizes. From novices who are just getting into the sport, right through to vastly experienced experts with encyclopaedic knowledge of the game. Online cricket betting can appeal to all fans.
The range of operators offering cricket sportsbooks has increased considerably in recent years, as has the range of markets being offered. In the past, you could only bet on broad markets such as match winner, top run scorer and leading wicket taker. Nowadays there are also markets for events such as the outcome of individual balls, next batter dismissed and even the outcome of the toss.
Cricket Sportsbooks: Top 5 steps for a secure & fair gambling experience
The most important question to ask before embarking on an online cricket betting adventure is – can I gamble securely and legitimately with this operator?
In order to answer this vital question, here are five things to look out for when assessing the legitimacy of an online cricket betting site:
Obtaining a gambling licence requires an operator to meet and adhere to a series of regulations. These regulations will vary from country to country, but all operators should display the relevant regulatory bodies they are operating under.
The wisdom of crowds can go a long way in helping you choose the best cricket betting sites. Before signing up for a cricket sportsbook, check out our extensive range of bookmaker sportsbook reviews, They are all written by industry experts.
If a cricket sportsbook has been in operation for a number of years, it stands to reason that they are operating legitimately and customers find them trustworthy. Whilst it’s harder to make this assertion for newer sites that offer cricket betting online, you can conduct online searches to help establish a site’s reliability and reputation.
You need to know that your funds are secure when cricket betting online. Look at factors such as deposit and withdrawal methods, two factor authentication, and TSL security. This will help you ascertain how secure a site is.
CDoes an offer look too good to be true? Is the website a bit too glitchy? Are the odds a little bit too short to seem real? If your instincts are telling you that a cricket sportsbook isn’t all that it seems, listen to them, do some more research, and if in doubt, don’t sign up.
Editor’s recommendation – the best cricket sportsbooks
Whilst there are plenty of online cricket betting sites out there, it is the opinion of our editor that the best cricket bookmakers available are Bet365.
Bet365 are regarded as one of the best bookmakers in the world, so it’s no surprise that their online cricket betting markets are extensive and excellently priced.
Users can place bets on a wide array of markets that cover games from all over the world. These markets cover English county cricket, franchise T20 leagues and international games from all over the world.
In terms of the specific match markets, you can bet on a huge range of markets including:
- Top run scorer
- Leading wicket taker
- Individual runs
- Batter vs batter
- Will there be a fifty/hundred?
- Wicket methods
- Outcome of the toss
- Player of the match
There are an increased number of options if you are betting in-play such as the next batter out, runs from the next over and over/under on the batter’s total runs.
If you want to place double, treble or accumulator bets, they have easy-to-use match coupons. You can also wager on competitions such as the World Cup, domestic competitions and Test series outcomes.
Other Great Cricket Operators
Cricket sportsbooks: How we test operators
Understanding how we carry out our operator tests is very useful if you want to fully benefit from them. The key thing to remember is that all of our reviews are completely objective. We are not affiliated with any cricket sportsbooks and our reviews are entirely unbiased.
Here are ten factors we assess when deciding whether to give an operator a good rating:
- Introduction – A short introduction to each operator and a summary of what will be covered in the review.
- Pros and cons – A short selection of bullet points that give you the headline pros and cons for each cricket betting website.
- Welcome offer – Our reviews not only outline the welcome offers for each betting site, but also give you instructions on how to use them.
- Follow up offers – Once your online cricket betting joining is underway you want to take advantage of any additional offers that come your way. Our reviews explain how you can take advantage of follow up offers at betting sites.
- Website/app – You don’t want to spend ages roaming around cricket sportsbooks struggling to find the market you are looking for. We explore the useability, navigation and overall quality of cricket betting websites.
- Payment methods – Is it easy to make deposits and withdrawal from your cricket betting website? Our reviews investigate this issue and look for the best cricket betting sites for fast and reliable payments.
- Customer service – We all encounter occasional problems when using cricket sportsbooks. Our reviews outline and rate the various customer service options available to you at each operator.
- Security – You want to feel secure when using a cricket sportsbook. Our operator reviews assess the security and licences at every cricket betting site, helping to give you peace of mind when wagering.
- Rewards – Loyalty programs can really make the best cricket betting sites stand out. We will explain how you can make the most out of reward schemes and maximise the value of your account.
- Conclusion – Every review includes a brief conclusion that sums up our thoughts and gives an overall verdict on the operator.
Finding the best cricket betting sites for you
Of course, finding your ideal destination for cricket betting online has a large degree of personal preference. Perhaps you’re dissatisfied with your current cricket sportsbook and are looking to change. Help is at hand in the form of our comparison tool.
This comparison tool allows you to see the most important details for each operator and make informed decisions on which ones to use.
It is recommended that you put together a personal checklist of the key factors you are looking for in a cricket sportsbook. This will make it easy to use our comparison tool and match up your factors with our reviews.
This comparison tool also extends to other sports, so it’s well worth checking out if (for example) you are betting on the ufc or looking for the best golf betting sites.
Top Operator Bonuses for Cricket
Most important sections of the site
Betting.net isn’t just about finding you the best cricket betting sites out there. We also offer a comprehensive range of other features that will help you get the most out of sportsbooks and casino sites:
Casino comparisons – These reviews detail the most important aspects of casino sites and help you make informed decisions on which ones to sign up for.
Bonus comparisons – Bonuses are a vital element to online casinos. A great bonus can be the deciding factor in whether to sign up for a site. Not only do we review casino bonuses, but we also compare them so you can assess which ones will work best for you.
Operator reviews – Reviewing sportsbook and casino operators is what we do best. Whether you are looking for the best soccer betting online or just wanting to read a bookmaker sportsbook review, betting.net is the place to go.
Games and slots – There are literally thousands of online table games and slots out there. We help you sift through them and find the best casino sites to use and games to play.
Payments – We aim to give you full details on deposit and withdrawal methods at each site we review. We test the speed and efficiency of payments to help give you a solid understanding of the best ways to make payments.
Strategy – A successful gambling journey is built on having a solid strategy. Our strategy pages will help you put together winning strategies and get the most from your gambling adventures.
Guide – Our guides are full of important information to help you travel through the gambling world.
Online cricket betting variables
Cricket betting online – Which type of gambler are you?
You’ve read the Betting.net reviews of the best cricket betting sites and you’ve got a great idea of the merits of each operator. However, your ultimate decision on which cricket sportsbooks to use will be dictated by the type of gambler you are. Can you identify yourself in any of these profiles:
- The fanatic – You are a full on cricket geek and will happily tell everyone about it. You have an obsession with the game and know everything there is to know. You’re looking for value in markets such as top run scorer and leading wicket taker. Your vast knowledge of the sport will help you find the best value on cricket sportsbooks.
- The watcher – You love watching games and looking for the best in-play bets. You’ve got a solid knowledge of the game and use it to predict how a game will ebb and flow. You’re interested in niche markets such as next batter dismissed and method of dismissal.
- The big game hunter – Maybe you’re not a cricket obsessive, but you still enjoy watching the odd game. You’re interested in the big matches and tournaments. You’ll have a bet on the winner of the World Cup or the Indian Premier League.
- The loyalist – You’re a big fan of your team and are always willing to back them. Just remember – bet with your head. Just because you love (e.g.) England, it doesn’t mean they will always win.
Maybe you don’t fit perfectly into one of those categories, but you’ll definitely see elements of your online cricket betting persona. Knowing the type of gambler you are is really helpful in telling you which markets to focus on.
Which cricket sportsbooks and markets do we use?
In our opinion, variety is pivotal in cricket betting online. We want to assess a wide range of markets and like for the very best value. We love scanning down to the niche in-play betting markets such as method of dismissal and who will be the next batter dismissed. You can often find the best value in these markets.
We also love markets that heighten your enjoyment of the game. Betting on a tournament winner, top run scorer or a player of the match is great for that. It really gets you rooting for a certain team or player.
The above reasons help explain why we love using Bet365 for our cricket betting online. Their cricket sportsbook is packed full of great markets and covers a vast array of games. Of course, that’s just our opinion and you may well disagree. But we can thoroughly recommend you check out the Bet365 sportsbook to find out for yourself.
Cricket sportsbooks: Online vs offline gambling
There is still a vast amount of users playing offline in betting shops or Casinos. Why should I bother to play online? Guide the user about the most important reasons on what the advantages/disadvantages are to gamble online instead of a local shop or casino.
More and more gamblers are doing their cricket betting online. Of course, you can still go to your local bookie and physically place a bet. So what are the benefits of shunning the shop and using online cricket sportsbooks? Here are three key advantages:
- Speed – Cricket betting online can happen as quickly (or slowly) as you want. There’s no filling in form or queueing. Click your bet, place your stake and it’s all sorted. This is especially important if you are placing in-play bets.
- Range of markets – A betting shop cannot display every market, and let’s face it, when it comes to cricket, bookies don’t find it as profitable as sports like horse racing and football. Online, all of the markets are easily accessible and you can find whatever you’re looking for almost instantly.
- Bonuses – Whilst betting shops occasionally display bonus offers, it pales compared to what you can find at the best cricket betting sites.
Ultimate tips for cricket betting online
Finally, let’s travel deeper into the cricket betting jungle and look at a couple of specialist tips that will help you find the very best cricket bookmakers have to offer:
Wait for the toss
No sport is dictated by a coin toss as much as cricket. In certain conditions, the toss can go a long way to deciding the outcome of a game. As such, it’s sensible to wait until the toss has been conducted before placing your bets. Of course, the odds will change after the toss, but you are in a better, more knowledgeable position to assess the markets and find the best bets.
A lot can change during a cricket match. Games ebb and flow, but there are a few trigger points that can often precipitate change. And your knowledge can help you take advantage of cricket bookie’s odds.
You know that the new ball is taken after 80 overs in a Test match, so there’s a good chance that wickets will fall around this time. You can look at weather forecasts to predict when batting will be easiest/hardest during a game. You can even make educated guesses at when T20 sides will be forced to use their back up bowlers.
All of this can help you find winning bets.
Cricket sportsbooks: Conclusion
Finding the best cricket betting sites can really help you make excellent profits from cricket betting online. Having an extensive range of markets to bet on and offers to take advantage of goes a long way towards making your cricket betting journey an enjoyable one. But by far the most important factor to consider is that of trust. If you’re going to be placing bets, depositing and withdrawing money at a cricket betting website then you need to be able to trust it. And that’s why our reviews are so helpful.
We strongly recommend that you read our extensive reviews of cricket sportsbooks to help you decide which cricket bookies and markets to use.
Cricket Betting Online FAQ
Finally, please create three to five questions for the purposes of creating an FAQ for Google. You can find out more about this here. Please submit your FAQ within the following shortcode; do not change part of this code that is in black, but please edit the purple text to suit your own questions and answers.
🚔 Is cricket betting legal?
This can vary from country to country. Some bookmakers are permitted in some countries but not others. Make sure you check our operator reviews to find which operators are legally operator in your area.
🦺 Is cricket betting safe?
All cricket bookies should be licenced and regulated. Our reviews go into details about the specific licences of each operator.
🏈 What other sports are covered at Betting.net?
Betting.net covers a wide range of sports and operators. For example, you can find out about the best football betting sites, as well as a number of other sports.